Pages

Monday, June 14, 2021

The Silent movie Called Wing

 This week in Te Ngahere we have been learning about using language features to set our mood and atmosphere.  We had to write and describe a scene of a movie called Wing.  The thing is the movie was silent so we had to watch without sound and we had to write what happened in a certain scene (besides the first scene) WITHOUT SOUND.  So first they introduced the year 6’s to the movie because we haven’t seen the movie but the year 7 and 8’s already watched it for their writing.


We watched the movie and it was quite interesting especially since it had no sound.  So next we went on a doc and we started planning.  One of the language features we had to use was a concrete noun and that is when there is a noun that can be described with the five senses, and the other language feature I wanted to talk about was a vivid adjective and that is when you make an adjective more interesting like if you replace very loud with deafening.  It was fun writing but I was away most of the week so I did not complete much.  I think I was good at the writing generally.  I think I should get better at describing what I write about.


Have you watched Wing before?


No comments:

Post a Comment