Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

EP Perfection

This term we made a DLO about Maori. We used a program called education perfect  (A.K.A EP).   EP has a lot of subjects but the teachers were only aiming at one subject and that was Te Reo Maori.  Te Reo Maori is a language that New Zealanders and Maori people use. For the first three we had to repeat the Maori words.


We had to repeat the Maori Alphabet and then record ourselves saying the Maori alphabet.  The only letter I got wrong is the letter “h” but I still passed.  Next we record ourselves saying New Zealand (NZ) place names.  A few places in Maori are Aotearoa (NZ) and Otipoti (Dunedin).  The final one we had to do was us saying greetings in Maori.


This was the category that had the shortest amount of words so it was quite easy.  All I had say was simple greetings in Maori like: Kia Ora (hello), Tena Korua (hi to two) and Tena Koutou (hi to three or more).


It was quite annoying because when I recorded people annoyed me so I had to restart every time they annoyed me but nothing stopped me from finishing.  For me it was stressful because we had to finish this fast.


Do you know your Te Reo Maori?


No comments:

Post a Comment