Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

A Test About Tricky Instructions

This week in Te Ngahere we have been given a test about reading instructions. We had four minutes to finish and the test had 23 instructions. Our teacher gave us a piece of paper and we got ourselves a pencil. The first instruction said “read EVERYTHING carefully before doing anything.” This was the reason everyone failed. The second instruction was to write our name in the top right corner and really that was all we had to do but nobody actually read all instructions so I continued. Next we had to call out our first name. Well I didn’t have to but I did not listen to the first instruction. I made it to question 16 but that's when the time stopped. This was also when the teacher presented the last question and that question said “Now that you have finished READING EVERYTHING, do only sentences one and two! Then draw quietly on the back of this paper while you wait for everyone else to finish!” So all we had to do was read everything and then do one and two. The teacher was teaching this because we would never read the entire “success criteria,” and we would never read the instructions carefully. Now that the teacher has taught us we have learned that we have to read the whole page carefully before we do anything. It was actually very funny because sometimes we had to yell out something like “I AM THE MASTER OF FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS.” We didn’t even need to do it though and that was the funny part. It was fun and it taught me alot about me. I felt disappointed in myself when I heard that we only had to do question one and two. Have you been given a test about instructions?

No comments:

Post a Comment